The World According to Me

The World According to Me is a play on one of my favorite novels, "The World According to Garp," by one of my favorite authors, John Irving. While I am not nearly the writer Irving is, I hope that my musings will offer a unique perspective on life. If nothing else, I have something to look back on when dementia kicks in.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

My Wedding

So I've already exhibited my inability to write consistently, but that's okay. I figure if I submit a posting once every few weeks then I'm well ahead of where I would have been had I not created this blog at all.

My life is starting to hit its stride. After years of uncertainty I settled down and married the love of my life. That sounds so rigid, as if I was on some linear path and simply decided one day that it was high time to "get hitched." I promise it was far more romantic; okay, more romantic. At any rate, married life is really fun. I thoroughly enjoy coming home at the end of the day to a smile and a kiss from my best friend. No, not you Joel. They say that life seems to have more meaning -- colors are more vibrant, etc. I'm not sure I completely agree, but there is something different.

The wedding was gorgeous, exactly what "we" planned. In truth, I had more say than the average groom. I'm very lucky that Di and I saw eye to eye on almost everything. The important thing is I don't know anyone who had more fun at his or her wedding than we had. In fact, we had such a great time that we went dancing with our guests afterwards and invited about twenty or thirty people back to our suite afterwards. It was the perfect wedding.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca Einstein Schorr said...

You need to activate your anti-spam so you can avoid these annoying comments.

October 24, 2005 12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home